Jordan Grove Missionary Baptist Church was organized in 1879 by Rev. W. W. Navigan. Services were held in a two-room shot-gun house on St. Charles and Pierce. Worship was continued at this building until an adequate church edifice was erected at a lot purchased at 2017 Dowling Street. The first deacons to serve were Brothers Gilbert, Moses, Merritt and Washington. Rev. Navigan faced many difficulties during his days of pioneering, however by the divine guidance of God his efforts were successful.
Rev. Danny Davis, who hails from Dallas, Texas is the esteemed pastor of the historical Jordan Grove Missionary Baptist Church located in the heart of Third Ward, Houston, Texas. He was called as the eighth pastor of Jordan Grove in March of 1993.
Possessing an innate competitive spirit, Danny Davis accomplished many firsts during his illustrious football career both at Carver High School, Dallas, Texas and at the University of Houston. Although he was well groomed for the “playing field”, he responded to God’s call and followed in the footsteps of his father and many other family members who were called into the ministry. He is now fulfilling